Thursday 14 August 2008

Mirchi

Style:
Singaporean

More:
Two branches, one in Kreuzberg, one in Mitte; You can find it in our recommended restaurants in Berlin page.

Reviews:

Unfortunately, we haven't been to Singapore yet and I must admit that this Asian fusion is not what I hear about Singaporean food - but it is still good food, a mixture of Indian, Malaysian and Chinese, which also means something for (almost) everybody: vegetarians and carnivores, those who like their food drowning in coconut milk and those who'd prefer a Chinese style dish or a grilled Tandoori style dish. The prices are fair, especially during business lunch hours (called "Mittag Menu" in German), when you can get a whole meal for 10 EUR or less. The service is a bit lacking (as usual in Berlin), with the Oranienstrasse (Kreuzberg) branch slightly better in this devision (and in our opinion, in general).


The Basics:
Two branches:
Oranienburger Strasse 50, 10117 Berlin-Mitte (S Oranienburger Strasse),
+49 (0)30 28 44 44 82

Oranienstrasse 204, 10999 Berlin-Kreuzberg (U Goerlitzer Bahnhof),
+49 (0)30 61 62 99 93

URL: Mirchi

Accessible?


Child-Friendliness?

Related Tours/Sites:
For the first restaurant, Mitte, Tacheles, the gallery district ; for the second, Kreuzberg

The first could be integrated with a gallery tour or with the classic Jewish Berlin tour.

The second could be integrated with the Kreuzberg Tour, the Cold War Tour or with customised Berlin tours

Nearby Hotels/Accommodation:

5 *****

The Westin Grand Berlin (branch I)

4 ****
ARCOTEL Velvet Berlin (branch I)
Artist Riverside Hotel & Spa (branch I)
NH Berlin Heinrich Heine (branch II)

3 ***
Hotel Aquino, Tagungszentrum (branch I)
Dietrich-Bonhoeffer-Hotel (branch I)
Hotel Augustinenhof (branch I)
Hotel Zarenhof (branch I)
Best Western Hotel Berlin-Mitte (branch I)
Best Western Euro-Hotel Berlin (branch II)

2 **
Hotel Taunus (branch I)
A&O Mitte Ostbahnhof (branch II)

1*
baxpax downtown Hostel Hotel (branch I)

Hostels:
baxpax downtown Hostel Hotel (branch I)

No comments: