Monday 15 December 2008

Chez Gino

Style:
Franco-German

More:

Reviews:
Lizzie writes in "Hollow Legs": "I couldn't leave Berlin without eating potatoes and Sauerkraut. We went to a restaurant called Chez Gino and tried to decipher the menu. In the end, I asked the waitress for a recommendation. She told me the Boudin Noir with potato puree and Sauerkraut is what she would have picked. With some apprehension as I'm not even a fan of black pudding, I went with her suggestion (more sausage!).

Unfortunately I completely forgot to take a photo at the beginning, so I have just a half eaten one. I loved the sauerkraut; it's tang cut through the richness of the sausage perfectly. My dining companions (especially the veggie) turned rather green when I explained what the sausage consisted of, but I actually really enjoyed it, much more than I thought I would. It's texture was very soft, with a nice, almost crunchy casing."

The Basics:
Sorauer Str. 31, 10997, Berlin-Kreuzberg (U Schlesische Tor)

Phone: +49 (0)30 69 50 65 25

URL:

Accessible?

Child-Friendliness?

Related Tours/Sites:

Kreuzberg

A visit could be integrated with the Kreuzberg Tour, as well as with customised Berlin tours

Nearby Hotels/Accommodation:

5 *****


4 ****
InterCityHotel BerlinUpstalsboom Hotel FriedrichshainInnside Premium Hotels BerlinNH Berlin Heinrich Heine
3 ***
Hotel Klassik BerlinBest Western Euro-Hotel Berlin
2 **
Ibis Berlin City OstHotel & Hostel FriedrichshainA&O Mitte OstbahnhofHotel garni Comenius
1*
Ostel - Das DDR-Design Hostel
Hostels:
Ostel - Das DDR-Design HostelHotel & Hostel FriedrichshainA&O Mitte Ostbahnhof
Apartment Hotels:

No comments: